Lorne Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Lorne, Victoria
Lorne is a beautiful coastal town located in Victoria, Australia. Like any other town, it is important to be aware of personal security, dangers and warnings to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you.
Dangers and warnings:
- Swimming can be dangerous due to rips and strong currents. Always swim between the flags and listen to the advice of lifeguards. Beach conditions can be checked at: https://beachsafe.org.au/
- Bushfires can occur during the summer months. Stay informed of fire warnings and have a bushfire plan in place. Information can be found at: https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions
- Driving on the Great Ocean Road can be hazardous due to windy roads and unpredictable weather. Always obey the speed limit and be aware of other drivers.
- Theft can occur in any town, so ensure that valuables are not left in cars or unattended on the beach. Keep doors and windows locked when leaving accommodations.
- Drug use is illegal and can have serious consequences. Always be aware of your surroundings and avoid any suspicious behavior.
- Police, Fire and Ambulance - Dial: 000
- Australian Government Travel Advisory - https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/pacific/australia
By being aware of personal security, dangers and warnings, you can enjoy all that Lorne has to offer while keeping yourself and those around you safe.